Monday, July 15, 2013

July Blog Love

Each month I've been highlighting the sponsors you see on my sidebar, hoping to share a few posts I think you should check out!

Beyond the Aisle
Summer Recipe: Mixed-Berry Cobbler for the 4th of July!

Vacation Recap: Tennessee... and the Titanic?
"Our first stop was Sevierville, Tennessee, better known as the hometown of Dolly Parton and the gateway of the Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg touristy area... I had tried to prepare him by explaining that Pigeon Forge is like a redneck version of Las Vegas. It is so delightfully tacky, complete with things like this brand-new Titanic Museum Attraction, which my sister in law and I could not resist dragging Mr. Q to on the second day of our vacation."
Would you ever visit a Titanic museum on vacation? It's a definite yes from me, but I'm not sure the boy would be quite as on board for it.

If you want to look into sponsoring From L.A. to LA check out my sponsor page.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't even know that was a thing! It's only a few hours away from me, I'm definitely going to have to check it out someday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I think it would be a blast to visit. It makes me wish I had made time to see it when we were in Nashville last year. Although, I also wish I remembered you had moved to Nashville at that point so we could have met up. I guess it'll just have to be the next time!

      Delete
  2. There's also a Titanic museum in Branson, MO! At one time, they had a special exhibit on the dogs of the Titanic. Yes, the DOGS of the Titanic. WHAT??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, the Pigeon Forge museum has a little poster about the dogs and a shirt in the gift shop that says "I know how many dogs survived the Titanic!" - my sister in law put that as her status on Facebook and got some interesting guesses. The special exhibit in Pigeon Forge right now is about the children of the Titanic, which I really enjoyed exploring.

      Delete
  3. I seriously love Pigeon Forge! It's one of my favorite places to be!

    ReplyDelete