Sunday, July 14, 2013

Mailbox Monday (39)

I may have missed linking up with Mailbox Monday last week, but am back strong this week. I clearly I must have whatever the goodreads algorithm in looking for, because my winning streak has continued. I'm not necessarily complaining, but I do feel a tiny bit guilt when I know some people have never won. But before the books, wanted to make sure you know that July's host is Book Obsessed.
Mailbox Monday
From Goodreads
Ostrich by Matt Greene
This one's supposed to be similar to The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-time, which is one I've never read although have heard heard good things about. Hopefully this is one people will be talking about as well.

The Distraction Addiction by Alex Soojung-Kim Pang
This looks to be somewhat of a self-help book on being less distracted by all the media devices we now seemed to be surrounded by.

The Village by Nikita Lalwani
I actually didn't realize till after I won this, but I had read the author's first book Gifted. It's actually one I wasn't a huge fan of, so hopefully I like this one more.

Fact of Life by Denise Vega
This one look like a cute YA/chick lit type. Plus it's signed and they included a bookmark.

Purchased
Someday My Prince Will Come by Jerramy Fine
I LOVED this book when I first read it. So much that I started loaning it out and wanted all my friends to read it. Except I lost touch with the friend who last had it, and never saw my copy again. I told myself if I ever say it on clearance again, I would buy it. Which is why while in Florida when stopping at Barnes & Nobles to pick up a board game (since we were getting restless trapped in a condo with rain everyday), I picked this up as well. Completely normal to buy a book you've already read while on vacation just to add to your collection, right?

What did you find in your mailbox this week? And what's the last book you just had to purchase even though it was one you had read before?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of those books! I bought 2 books when I visited my friend Becky in DC - Carry on Warrior and another one by an author I love (Douglas Kennedy - totally spacing on the name of the book). Right now I am reading "The Opposite of Me" by Sarah Pekkanen which I am liking. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all new to me. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all new to me, but they do look tempting. Enjoy! And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Goodreads wins! I've had more luck on LibraryThing, lol. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All new to me; my Goodreads wins have all been duds so I don't enter anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had to re-buy favorite books that weren't returned. Aren't you relieved to have it back in your library again?
    Hope your GR winning streak continues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your GR wins! I'm crossing my fingers, haven't won any for years. I had to purchase a copy of Tales of the Jazz Age last weeks even though I've read some of the stories because of the gorgeous cover.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ostrich looks promising. Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on all your wins! I've only won 1 book there. I hope you love your new arrivals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a good week. Mine was light.

    I haven't bought a book in ages. :)

    Enjoy your week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like some good ones. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A nice mailbox and win.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/07/mailbox-monday_15.html

    ReplyDelete