Monday, July 22, 2013

Monsters vs. Machines

Pacific Rim
Leaving the theater for this the boy told me, "You better write this a positive review," except wow... Let's just say if you're the type that loved Sharnado, you'll probably love this too.

I will say the movie surprised me, since I thought it would be the world reacting to a monster attack. Except the main story takes place 20 years after the monsters have arrived, and instead the humans are loosing the war (even with their giant "Power Ranger" type machines). I will say that the fight scenes, as well as the movie as a whole, did look cool.

But... the whole thing was just so cheesy and over the top. Several times throughout the movie I remarked to the boy, "This movie is awful! You can't be enjoy this can you?" To which he'd reply, "Yes! This is awesome! Quit talking and ruining this amazing movie!"

Basically, it seems there are a lot of people obsessed with this, but I guess I'll just have to remain unconverted to their cause.

3 comments:

  1. I havent seen this yet but im not sure I will! thanks for the truthful review! Have a happy Monday and be sure to check out my newest dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The buzz online about this movie has totally bewildered me, because from the preview I saw before Man of Steel a few weeks ago it looked totally ridiculous. I think we probably have the same attitude, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was better than I had expected, but there wasn't any draw to invest in the characters, and all of the white dudes looked the same, so my husband and I both kept asking, "Who is that?" and "Which one is that?" The action scenes were interesting, and I liked the premise of the aliens coming from below, but the 3-D wasn't very good.

    ReplyDelete