Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dream a Little Dream

The wedding dreams have officially started. I've heard about brides having pre-wedding nightmares before and was excited to see if I'd have them as well. Such a silly thing to wonder about, but I guess I can officially check "Have Wedding Dream" off my to-do list. If only the rest of the list wasas easy as well.

As for my first dream, well to be honest I don't remember a lot. But what I do remember was that for some reason Ellen was at our wedding. As in Ellen Degeneres. No idea where that came from. I don't have anything against her, but I won't put her on my list of top celebrity obsessions. And while I'm planning on mailing out a celebrity invite or two, she wasn't on that list. (Although maybe this was my subconscious making sometime of marriage equality stand?)

But since I guess I was a little upset not to remember my entire wedding dream, the following night I had yet another, although sans celebrities. This time it was at the end of the reception and things were winding down. The coordinator was trying to get everyone outside for our sparkler exit, except I realized we had forgotten all the dancing. I guess within the dream, dinner and cocktail hour had run over to the point that there was no time for dancing. Which meant no horah. No time warp. Nothing. While I'm sure I must have been upset, all I really remember from the dream is being confused on how we ran out of time.

While I'm not a dream interpreting expect, I think this one is a little obvious to analyze. We're running out of time and there's still so much wedding planning to do! I know (at least I hope!) that it will all get done (including a wedding day timeline to make sure we have time for dancing), but I know I need to do a lot of work in the next few months. I guess nothing like a wedding nightmare to hit you with a bit of reality, right/

Did you have any wedding related dreams leading up to your big day? And if you could have any celebrity at your wedding, who would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment