Tuesday, May 29, 2012

You Can Learn a lot of Things from the Flowers

It's been a while since I've done any type of post on the backyard, which is probably because at this point it's so overgrown it's a little embarrassing. I still do love our backyard though, just wish I had more energy to maintain it a little better. But for the first time in 2012, here's a look at some of the blooms currently in our backyard. (Doing my best to avoid the overgrown parts, of course.)
Rose Bush
Roses
DSC06863
Aloe Plants
Aloe Plants
DSC06870
DSC06864
Unfortunately, you can see some of the overgrown-ness here.
DSC06866
Kumquats
Kumquats
Baby Satsumas
Baby Satsumas
Lots o' Figs
Baby Figs
Baby Lemons
Baby Lemons
Baby Pear?
When I first saw this first I was pretty sure it was some diseased looking lemon. But once I looked closer I realized it was on the tree right next to the lemon tree. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's a pear. It is the only one (at least that I've found) on the tree. So hopefully it survives long enough to ripen and I get to eat it before any animals get to it. And can I say that I love the fact that we're enter our third year in this house and still discovering more trees. (Especially since I'm pretty sure I killed the peach tree.)

Have you made any surprising discoveries in your backyard? And how good are you at maintaining your yard?

1 comment:

  1. Your aloe plant is HUGE! Have you ever thought about putting out human hair around your plants? I know it sounds weird but because of it the animals won't go near your fruits and such.

    ReplyDelete