Wednesday, May 16, 2012

From LA to L.A.

Going into my shower I knew I wanted to do something nice for my MOH and her mom, who were hosting the shower. I've seen some cute, "Thank you for the shower" gift bags filled with actual shower supplies, which I've loved. I really thought about doing something like that, except that's not the type of present I normally give. I know I could have done it up and made it extra cute, but it seemed a little too generic for me.

So instead, thinking a little outside the box, knowing that I live in Louisiana and I was going to be flying to my shower in California, I thought it would be fun to do a small Louisiana gift bag. Over the days leading up to my flight and made a point to pick up a few Louisiana themed items coming up with the following...
Louisiana Thank You Present
There's a bag of Zapp's Cajun Crawtators potato chips. (The boy was not very happy with me to find two bags of these in the house, none of which he could open. I guess I should have thought to buy one extra bag of chips for him.) A bag of jambalaya mix. (This is actually the mix we use most often when making jambalaya.) A can of Cajun seasoning. (The more standard would have been a can of Tony Chachere, but I though since this was for my MOH and her mom Slap Ya Momma was a better fit.) As well as two kinds of pralines (chocolate fudge as well as original). No this wasn't the most standard shower thank you present, but I thought considering the circumstances it worked perfect. Plus they seemed to enjoy the gift bags as well!
Opening Thank You Presents
Did you wind up gifting your hostess anything for your showers? Did you go with something more traditional (flowers, maybe?) or was your a idea a little further outside the box?

2 comments:

  1. I did what I called the Four Seasons gift bag-an umbrella, mittens, a beach towel, and a light scarf. Both of my MOHs loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. We love that jambalaya! YUM!

    ReplyDelete