Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October in Review

October was kind of a crazy month for us. Thankfully November is looking to be a little calmer. It's a good thing too because it will likely be our last month of relative serenity before our house grows by a tiny person. But before we start looking too far ahead, here's a look back at October.

In October...
...I celebrated my 30th birthday.
IMG_2483
...We also celebrated our nephew 5th birthday with a pirate party.

...I took my maternity photos, and while I gave you a sneak peak on Friday, I hope to have the rest of my favorites up within the next week.
Lox & eggs!!
...I had been craving lox for a while now, which unfortunately isn't the best while pregnant. Unless of course it's warmed up, which is how I convinced the boy to make some lox and eggs for me.
Mini Philly cheesesteaks!
...The boy also made these mini philly cheesesteak sandwiches, which were so delicious I'm getting hungry just writing about them.

...I posted reviews of 6 books and 2 movies
The Mennyms by Slyvia Waugh
Us by David Nicholls
Panic by Lauren Oliver
Mennyms in the Wilderness by Sylvia Waugh
Madame Serpent by Jean Plaidy
This Dark Road to Mercy by Wiley Cash
Mennyms Under Siege by Slyvia Waugh
The Equalizer
Gone Girl
As for a favorite Gone Girl (the movie) was probably it, although This Dark Road to Mercy would be a close second.

...Two years ago, in 2012, I shared our wedding congratulations from The White House.
Congrats from the White House
Pretty perfect for election day, right?

What were some of your highlights from this past October?

5 comments:

  1. Love me some lox and eggs!! Happy belated bday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. October was a crazy busy month for me as well so I am trying to make November more low key. So far it has been which is great. I hope you can keep your month low key as well as like you said it's your last quiet month for awhile as I know having a baby will turn your world upside down! (but in a good way of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your quiet November :) And how did you get wedding congratulations from The White House?!?! That's pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your blog post about how you got the White House thing. Neat!

      Delete
  4. I haven't had lox in forever! Now I want some!

    ReplyDelete