Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Movie Review

Big Hero 6
From the previews you knew this movie was going to be a lot of fun, but what I didn't expect was how much emotion would be it in, nor how much I would wind up falling in love with it.

Like almost every other Disney movie out there, the main character, Hiro, is without his parents, yet he does have an older brother Tadashi that I thought was perfect and pretty much my favorite part of the movie. I just remember thinking early on how great of a role model he was, especially since he was so young to be taking on so much responsibility with his younger brother.

Apart from that the movie had a lot of really funny moments, plus some good action scenes you'd expect from a superhero movie. We actually took our niece and nephew to see it and once it started I don't think they moved once.

Of course knowing it is based on a Marvel comic, you are going to want to make sure you stay till the credits are over. And while we're on the topic of extras, the short film airing before the movie, Feast, was pretty adorable as well.

I definitely think it's worth seeing if you have kids, although there are some mature emotional moments like you normally find in Disney movies. But even without kids, I still think this one is worth your time.

1 comment:

  1. I loved Baymax. I would see this one again. And the short at the beginning, Feast, was adorable.

    ReplyDelete