Thursday, November 13, 2014

Showering the Baby-to-Be

As I mentioned in one of my recent bumpdate posts I recently had my baby shower.
Wearing my Crown
Dressed up wearing my crown and corsage
The party was at my sister-in-law's and hosted by her along with a close friend.With no one knowing the gender the decorations pretty much fit either possibility. There was even pink and blue punch for drinks, so you could guess the gender based on your drink choice.
Pink Punch
Sadly I only have a photo of the pink punch
We did play a few games including one where people had to answer questions about me and another where everyone guessed how big around I was. Which basically means I couldn't really play, too bad since I'm sure I would have crushed everyone!
IMG
With a group of friends
And of course there was all types of different foods including some of my favorites feta, olives, and chicken salad sandwiches.
Food Table
Then there were the desserts! So props to me, right?
Cake Pops
I may have had a bite of a cake ball and a small slice of cake, but I didn't go completely crazy and avoided all the cupcakes!
Cake & Cupcakes
Of course there was also the reason we were all there in the first place, to shower the baby-to-be with gifts.
Opening Presents
Honestly though, it all feel a little surreal. Like how is it possible that I'm here at my baby shower? And am I really about to have a baby? Somehow I'm finding that it's actually true, and I'm not quite sure I'm ready. Thankfully I still have a few weeks to go (hopefully!), and even more fun another baby shower to attend at work. Maybe that one will actually feel real... but I'm guessing I'll probably still feel like I'm at a party for someone else.

6 comments:

  1. How sweet!! Looks like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! Colorful and sweet. As surreal as it all feels, I'm hoping you're soaking it all in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun shower! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great shower and I love your decorations! I feel the same way like... I'm going to be a mom in just a few weeks?! CRAZY!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's awesome to "meet" another book/lifestyle blogger who is also a mama to be! Can't wait to follow along your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww what an awesome shower - I love all the decorations they set up for you!

    I forget -- do you guys know the gender but aren't sharing with anyone?? Or are you waiting to find out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I bet you can't wait to find out the sex of the baby.

    ReplyDelete