Sunday, November 16, 2014

Mailbox Monday (98)

I'm thinking I just might get to my 100th Mailbox Monday post before the baby arrives! It'll be close, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. For now though, these are the books I've brought into our home this past week.
Mailbox Monday
Purchased
The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, & Mauren Johnson
Like every other Clare book that comes out I had to go and purchase this as soon as it came out. Now I know these have all be released electronically as short stories, but since I still refuse to own an ereader this is my first chance to read them all.

Borrowed From a Friend
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Yet another newly released YA book. While these books wound up not being quite what I expected, I did overall enjoy it. Plus the last one ended on quite a cliffhanger, and I can't wait to see how the trilogy ends.

From Paperback Swap
The Happiest Baby on the Block by Harvery Karp, M.D.
Out of everything I'm most apprehensive about having a baby, loss of sleep is on the top of my list. I've always been one who needed a ton of sleep, and I'm not quite sure how I'll be able to function without it. But I have heard great things about this book and how it can actually get babies to sleep. I'm really hopeful about it, and hopefully not only do I enjoy reading it, but find it to be useful as well.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

16 comments:

  1. If you can buy the DVD of The Happiest Baby on the Block do so. It will be invaluable! Enjoy these last weeks of pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week I bought GI Brides because the eBook was only $1.99. Besides that I picked up Us from the library and will start it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Happiest Baby on the Block. It was one of the most helpful books I read while I was pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my daughter swears by The Happiest Baby on the Block. Hope it's a winner for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once the baby comes, you'll figure the sleep thing out and it won't take as long as you think. I hope the book helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the titles are new to me. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh....you definitely won't be getting too much sleep, but it will work out. Your body adjusts. :)

    ENJOY the baby book and all of your books.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading all the baby books when I had my kids...in fact, today is the birthday of my eldest son, who lives in Berlin...sigh. Had to FB him a birthday greeting and Skype later.

    He was born on a Thursday, the week before Thanksgiving, and he was my favorite gift for Christmas that year.

    Enjoy your baby moments!

    And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read a few of the Bane Chronicles stories and they are fun. The new collection is tempting! Hope you enjoy. The sleeping thing is tough - my child (now a teen) has always been a night owl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recommend (if you don't get around to reading the happiest baby on the block book) the DVD. Rent it from your library! It's just a quick 20 minute video I believe and really really helps! Watch it with your husband - mine found it helpful to see it in action.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband actually read the book almost as soon as I was pregnant! I said something to him about it being one of the best books on baby sleep and his comment was that he had already read it. Turns out he google-d good books on baby sleep and found a version online somewhere. So he's ahead of me there, although I am at least halfway through it now, so I'll likely finish before the baby arrives.

      Delete
  11. The happiest baby on the block saved my life and sanity. Great read. If you just read the 5s part & the 4th trimester part you will be golden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh. And one more thing. Mom's on Call. Amazing. That had us getting 8 hours of sleep pretty early on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just finished reading The Happiest Baby on the Block, so hopefully I'm able to put it to use. And I've heard great things about Moms on Call as well, so hopefully it's one I can get too sooner rather than later.

      Delete
  13. I can't wait to read The Bane Chronicles, and the Mara Dyer books have been on my TBR list for a while.

    ReplyDelete