Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Traditions

Growing up football on Thanksgiving was never really part of our tradition. I knew games were on, and I remember my uncle mainly sitting down to watch them, but I never really gave them much thought. I couldn't have even told you that certain teams played ever year let alone who those teams were.

Except the more time I've spent with the boy as a couple, the more football has become a part of my life, so much so that I now know Dallas and Detroit are the teams that play every year on Thanksgiving.

But there's more than just NFL on each year, there's also college teams. Until recently you always expected to see Texas A&M and Texas play each other, but no longer since they're aren't in the same conference. LSU didn't officially play on Thanksgiving, but normally the day after against Arkansas. Except this has changed as well.

This year for the first time LSU will be playing Texas A&M on Thanksgiving for the start of a new tradition. So on top of enjoying a delicious meal of my favorites today (stuffing and pumpkin pie mainly, which so aren't gestational diabetes friendly, except I'm giving myself a pass this day), you can count on the fact that we'll also be cheering on the Tigers.

Speaking of that whole pregnancy thing, it does make dressing for games a bit difficult. I'm pretty sure I only have one single purple top that fits (although I do have the dress I wore to my baby shower as well).
Wearing LSU Dockers
The boy on the other hand doesn't have this problem, especially when he's wearing his Dockers® Game Day Khakis like in the photo above. You can't quite tell in the photo, but the back pocket is embroidered with a purple LSU, and inside the waistband it says Geaux Tigers again in purple. So while the boy may not look like he's showing his team spirit (with his expression or clothing), I promise you there's a tiger fan inside!

Do you make football a part of your Thanksgiving tradition each year?

Disclosure: Dockers® provided the boy's Dockers® Game Day Khakis. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

  1. We're Eagles fans so loving the action right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have football in on but it seems like no one cares or watches it! The TV is always on at my parents, though, which is such a change for me as mine is rarely on!

    ReplyDelete