Wednesday, November 12, 2014

36 Weeks Bumpdate

Less than a month to go! Or really, less than a month till my due date, because at this point the baby could really arrive at any point. It's a little crazy to think about. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for it to all go down! But I guess I'll have to be.
36 Weeks
How Far Along: 36 Weeks

Size of the Baby: A head of romaine lettuce

Maternity Clothes: Back in June I bought a warm winter maternity sweater, and this past week, for the first time, it was finally cold enough to wear it.

Nursery: No more progress since last week, but it's pretty much together. There's a few final things to do like move a few final box out of the room and vacuum again. Plus I'll need to wash all the clothes and sheets, but looks like an actual nursery now.

Stretch Marks: Still none!

Sleep: It's definitely hard to turn over to the other side when I'm trying to fall asleep. But once I'm asleep I'm pretty much good through the night.

Movement: All the time. It seem to get especially active on my afternoon drive home from work. I guess the movement from the car wakes it up a little? Who knows!

Cravings: I'm not sure if this quite fits under craving or what I miss, but they did bring the gingerbread cookies back to Subway and they looked amazing. Good thing I haven't seen the gingerbread loaf at Starbucks yet, since I'm not sure I'd be able to resist it.

Symptoms: There are still the same ones I've been mentioning the past weeks (swollen ankles, heartburn... although neither of which is really that bad), but my biggest complaint is that my stomach just feels really heavy.

What I Miss: See cravings above... basically getting through this next month without gingerbread is going to be miserable. But I definitely have some ideas for Christmas and New Year's desserts I'll need to be making.

Looking Forward To: My breast pump shipped yesterday and given the ordeal it was to order I can't wait for it to be here. For those that may not know with ACA, health insurers are required to cover breast pumps. Unfortunately it took to few phone calls and e-mails to my insurance company and the provider to confirm that I was actually eligible and they were in-network, but it looks like it all worked out. Plus a second, maybe slightly more exciting event, next week is my work baby shower.
6 Weeks7 Weeks8 Weeks
6 Weeks ~ 7 Weeks ~ 8 Weeks
9 Weeks10 Weeks11 Weeks
9 Weeks ~ 10 Weeks ~ 11 Weeks
12 Weeks13 Weeks14 Weeks
12 Weeks ~ 13 Weeks ~ 14 Weeks
15 Weeks16 Weeks17 Weeks
15 Weeks ~ 16 Weeks ~ 17 Weeks
18 Weeks19 Weeks20 Weeks
18 Weeks ~ 19 Weeks ~ 20 Weeks
21 Weeks22 Weeks23 Weeks
21 Weeks ~ 22 Weeks ~ 23 Weeks
24 Weeks25 Weeks26 Weeks
24 Weeks ~ 25 Weeks ~ 26 Weeks
27 Weeks28 Weeks29 Weeks
27 Weeks ~ 28 Weeks ~ 29 Weeks
30 Weeks31 Weeks32 Weeks
30 Weeks ~ 31 Weeks ~ 32 Weeks
33 Weeks34 Weeks35 Weeks
33 Weeks ~ 34 Weeks ~ 35 Weeks

5 comments:

  1. This is a tough time of year to avoid sweets so I am glad you'll deliver and be able to enjoy some of the treats you would indulge in normally! Plus you need even more calories when nursing so you can say, 'it's for the baby' when treating yourself to a gingerbread cookie. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll give us a nursery tour when it's all finished! I'd love to see. And yay for a work baby shower! That sounds fun. Enjoy these last few weeks of pregnancy and just being you & the hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, can't believe you only have a monthish left! My stretch marks showed up in week 36... hopefully not the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wait another two weeks and you will feel like you are more than ready. I remember with Rachel I was not wanting to give birth for ages and then all of a sudden, one day I woke up and said, "Okay Baby, any time now." It still took another two and a half weeks after that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful idea to document the bump growth by the week! You'll treasure these memories when your little ones become big ones! And yay you on avoiding stretch marks . . . I wasn't so lucky! ;-)

    ReplyDelete