Monday, October 13, 2014

30

Last Friday was my 30th birthday. Kind of crazy to think I'm no longer in my 20s. I know a lot of bloggers who recap their past year on their birthday, except I normally wait and do that at the end of the year. But I figured instead, it might be fun to look back on my last decade. So here's my last 10 years...
20th Birthday
On my 20th birthday with my college roommate. This was our Junior year of college.
With the Pont D'Avignon
For a month, the summer after my Junior year, I studied abroad in Avignon, France.
Jordana's 22nd Birthday!
Senior year, the day after my 21st birthday, which coincidentally was my roommate's 22nd birthday.
04
For spring break that year, we spent a week in the Florida Keys.
Yeah.. lighting the candles on my bed prob not a smart idea
On my 22nd birthday, now living in Baton Rouge attending grad school at LSU.
Me and Beau
This was also the year the boy and I met and started dating. This is actually one of the first pictures we ever took together.
Birthday Brownie at Mellow Mushroom
On my 23rd birthday, the first one the boy and I spent together.
Me and My Mom before doing pottery
23 was quite the year of travel, where I made it to both Japan...
Myself and Sara in front of the western wall
and Israel.
Family Picture
I don't actually have a photo from my 24th birthday, but this was a few months after when I was back in California for Thanksgiving.
Watching the LSU-Florida football game
On my 25th birthday, watching the LSU-Florida game.
Family
We spent a long weekend in San Diego, which wound up being the last time I saw my grandfather before he passed away.
The Family
A week before my 26th birthday, at Houmas House Plantation, which is where the boy and I would get married almost 2 years later.
Engaged!
A few months later, on November 20, 2010, the boy proposed on our 4th dating anniversary.
Gravestone
I don't actually have any photos from my 27th birthday, which is a bit unfortunate since it wound up being the last birthday I had with my mom before she passed away.
00116
On a happier note, at 27, the boy and I got married.
With my Dad
With my dad, a few days after my 28th birthday.
1st Anniversary
The boy and I celebrating our first anniversary.
With a Pumpkin Spice Latte
A week before my 29th birthday with a pumpkin spice latte.
2nd Anniversary
At 29, the boy and I found out we were expecting. Here we are on our second anniversary, at 26 weeks pregnant.
30
For one final photo, here I am looking ridiculous on my 30th birthday.

What would you list as some of your highlights from the last 10 years of your life?

6 comments:

  1. That was a fun recap to read! It's always to think about all the things we pack into a sequence of years. I hope that you had a great birthday and that the decade to come is a great one for you!

    Some of the highlights from the last 10 years of my life are running 3 marathons, traveling to Paris, starting a blog and meeting so many wonderful people as a result, getting my MBA, passing the CFA, and meeting Phil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Shoshanah!! I love this idea and wish I had done it when I turned 30. Just a few highlights from the last 10 years are meeting the hubs and getting married, moving to Kansas for grad school and staying, having Julia, running a half marathon. Hopefully in the next 10 years, I'll be able to do some traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    Also, do you know about the Red Stick Moms Blog? Just curious!! you should follow them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday! I loved this photographic history.

    Highlights from my past ten years: meeting my husband, getting married, having two kids, buying our first house, moving across the country (and back again too!), and lots of traveling -- to Europe (three times), New Zealand, Jamaica, and many places in North America. Wow! Ten years of memories is a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun way to recap... Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday! I turned 30 this year too!

    ReplyDelete