Sunday, October 19, 2014

Mailbox Monday (95)

For a fun stat, this is the 3rd Mailbox Monday in a row I'm sharing 3 books. Maybe I'll have 4 books to share the next 4 weeks? Seems unlikely but you never know...
Mailbox Monday
From Goodreads
The Actress by Amy Sohn
First, can we talk about how gorgeous this cover is? From the look of it you'd think this was about Old Time Hollywood, except it actually takes place today. I feel like I keep seeing this book around, except don't really know what it's about. Of course if the story inside is anywhere near as awesome as the cover, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

From Paperback Swap
The Lost Daughter by Lucy Ferriss
This is our book club book of the month and will likely be the next book I'll be reading. I've heard it is kind of hard to get through, which makes sense considering the title. Although in general I tend to enjoy the experience reading somewhat hard books, so I'm thinking this will be a win for me.

The Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner
Back before I really got into book blogging I'd buy every new Jennifer Weiner book as soon as it came out. Clearly it's been a while since I've done that though since this was published in 2012, and two years later I'm only now acquiring a copy. Plus given my to-read pile who knows when I'll actually get to it. But even so, I'm looking forward to it, and given how much I've loved all of Weiner's other books I'm sure I'm going to love this one as well.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

11 comments:

  1. You win so many books from GR! I don't understand their system...

    Hope your joy the Jennifer Weiner book! I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do win a lot of books from GR! I think I have only won 1!

    I didn't buy any books this week but I did borrow "Flight of the Silvers" from the library as a good friend said it was a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you're right. The book cover of The Actress is great! I hope you love all three books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jennifer Weiner! I'm going to have to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had not heard about these books, they look interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read a Jennifer Weiner book. The Actress does look lovely- enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd like to read The Next Best Thing. Hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read a Jennifer Weiner book in a while. I look forward to hearing what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cover on The Actress is gorgeous.

    ENJOY your books, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your books! All 3 look like winners.

    ReplyDelete