Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gone Baby Gone

Gone Girl
Yes, I made it to the theaters to see this one, and I'm so glad I did. If you haven't read the book, you're in for a surprise with this. But if you have (especially if you loved it like me) you'll probably go into it a little apprehensive to see how they're able to pull it off. With that said I was pleasantly surprised at how well it translated to screen, and honestly don't think it could have been any better.

Going into this there was a lot of talk about the ending, but in some ways I think it works a little better than the book. I wouldn't say there's more closure with the movie, instead that the ending was far more fleshed out so you had a much better idea of what was happening.

Normally I'm all for reading the book before the movie, and in general I think that's still the case here. But if you don't have time, I think you could definitely see the movie first and you'd still get exactly what all the fuss is about.

8 comments:

  1. This book was so disturbing and yet so haunting too. I don't know if I liked it but it definitely has stuck with me. I'd love to see the movie so I'll see if I can convince Dave to see it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see the movie, having finished the book. I also want to drag Dan with me to see the movie, since he has no plans to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the movie, too...and I think you're right about the ending. Seeing it visualized and "fleshed out" was very effective. I want to see it again...and again. And then buy the DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you. I loved the book up until the ending but I think watching the movie gave me a greater appreciation for the book. I really enjoyed the movie and loved watching it with a co-worker who had no assumptions going in (she had not read it) and she loved it. It was a great little translation from book to film and very well acted, imo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for saying something about the ending. That's been my nervousness about seeing the movie. I feel better about seeing it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's really nice to know that you enjoyed the movie adaptation :) I haven't watched and read it yet but I'm really hoping to read it first.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Loved the movie. They did such a good job of it. I read the book a long time ago so the details are a bit fuzzy but from what I remember the movie was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read the book and I thought the movie was done really well!

    ReplyDelete