Sunday, October 12, 2014

Mailbox Monday (94)

I had my books all ready to post last week for Mailbox Monday, and yet never got around to writing a post. But I managed to today, so finally here they are!
Mailbox Monday
From Paperback Swap
Tumbleweeds by Leila Meacham
I absolutely loved Leila Meacham's first book Roses and ever since have been dying to read more by her. I'm not actually completely sure what this one is about though, but either way I'm excited!

From Goodreads
The World Without You by Joshua Henkin
This book is always up for giveaway on Goodreads, and finally I won my copy. I believe it's about a Jewish family in the Berkshires, but once again don't know too much about it's overall plot. It does seem intriguing though, so hopefully it's one I'll enjoy.

Why Home Matters by Adam Nicolson
Books like this are the reason I love goodreads giveaways, because otherwise I'm not sure I'd even think about picking this up, but I have to say I am intrigued. Yes, it does talk a little about how the Iliad and the Odyssey relate to our life, but the part that excites me the most is the history inside. It's supposed to go into the discovery of the Iliad in modern day, and what we're able to about Ancient Greece learn from the stories. It's definitely one that sounds intriguing, and hopefully I find that to be the case.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

8 comments:

  1. I didn't buy anything this week, which is impressive considering that I went to a book fair and 2 book stores yesterday!! The books you got this week all sound interesting, especially "The World Without You".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why Home Matters sounds really interesting! I've never read Homer so maybe I should do that first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Roses as well. Haven't had a chance to read her subsequent book so I hope you love Tumbleweeds just as much as Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why Home Matters looks good.

    ENJOY all your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed The World Without You and Tumbleweeds...hope you do, too!

    Here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the hardcovers of Roses and Tumbleweeds but haven't read them yet.

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have The World Without You, but haven't read it yet. I've heard good things about it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete