Friday, December 14, 2012

Zombies to Witches

Glass Heart by Amy Garvey
One thing I loved when I read Cold Kiss was that it seemed to start in the middle of the story. By putting Wren in her awful situation from the stop there was no build-up, and we jumped right into the action. Which is why I was so disappointed that this time it took so long for the story to take off. That's not to say I didn't enjoy it, but it just took a while to understand what the point of the story was.

In the first book, you expected to be reading a zombie book. Except this time, there is no doubt that you are reading a book about witches. I really loved reading about Wren, and hearing her struggles with her powers and what is right or wrong just felt so realistic. Even though you can't help but get frustrated with Wren when she makes the wrong choice, you can at least understand why she does it.

While I did really like this, I don't think it was as good as her first. But there's just something really enjoyable about reading Amy Garvey's books, and I can't wait to see what she had next.

4.5/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I kind of think that this is one of those books that didn't need a sequel. I haven't read Glass Heart, and though I really love the cover, I just don't want to read it. I am glad that you enjoyed it though!

    ReplyDelete