Monday, December 17, 2012

Monday Movie Review

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
What I love about these movies is that everything looks amazing. The scenes in The Shire just feel so homey and welcoming. The elvish city of Rivendell is just awe inspiring. Plus there's all the gorgeous landscape. With it all together you can't help but feel like you're transported into Middle Earth.

But the movie itself? Well, it was long, and I felt bored through a lot of it. Now, I haven't read the books and didn't know exactly what would be happening through the movie. I think that if I had read the books and was able to see what I read come to life onscreen, I would have been a lot more invested in the movie. That isn't to say there were a lot of scenes I enjoyed. I did really like the scenes with Gollum, and as I started out saying thought everything looked amazing.

Even with my complaints of this movie, I still think it's worth seeing in the theaters, and definitely plan on seeing the next movies there as well. And finally just for fun, here I am about to enter Bilbo Baggins' home.
Taking an Unexpected Journey

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to this one. I read The Hobbit years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the book a few weeks ago because I knew I would be seeing the movie and I'm glad I did. It did connect some dots for me, and made the movie better for me personally. I did think this movie was too long though. It was very slow in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete