Monday, December 10, 2012

Her Cowboy Soon Would be There

A Cowboy for Christmas by Lori Wilde
I never used to read these romance-y type books, but the more I read them the more I enjoy them. They really are just a lot of fun. Yes, they are predictable, and there's not a lot there except for a love story, but sometimes that escape is just what you need.

If you're looking for fun and cute this one really has all the ingredients. First it's a Christmas story, although I may have wanted it to be a bit more Christmas-y. The title still makes complete sense, but I was hoping for something to really get me in the holiday mood. And while there is a cowboy too, my favorite part had to be the food. (What else right?)

Our main character likes to bake, and throughout the story she whips up a ton of different creations. What's fun to is that some of the recipes are included in the book. (Not my favorite, Dr. Pepper cake, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to google a recipe.)

I was kind of surprised by some of the twists thrown in to keep the couple apart, especially the fact Lissy's son was deaf. It wasn't something I would have expected, and definitely created some unexpected moments.

I think the easiest way to describe this is that's it's fun and cute. It's a great escape, and a great way to get you excited for all the Christmas cookies to come!

4/5

Disclosure: I was provided this book through TLC Book Tours. All opinions expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the perfect, non-stress way to start the holiday season!

    Thanks for being on the tour.

    ReplyDelete