Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You Like Me

Back in August Heather gave me the Sunshine award. Yes, I am just now blogging about it, but late is better than never, right?
Rules of Engagement:
Include the award log either in your acceptance post or somewhere on your blog.
Answer 10 questions about yourself.
Pass the award on to 10-12 other deserving bloggers.
Add a link on your post to all of the talented winners and comment on their page to let them know they've been deemed amazing.
Thank the brilliant soul that recognized your talent and bestowed this wonderful award on you...and of course link back to them as well.

Onto my answers...

1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
I hate my feet. I've been saying since high school I needed surgery on them. I probably don't but trust me when I saw they are all crooked and ugly.

2. What is your theme song?
"California Girls" by Katy Perry
Except not really, it's just the first song I could think of, and it's a California song, so why not.

3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?
In high school each year we would kidnap the girls who were planning on pledging our sorority. But in order to do so we had to meet up around 3am and drive around town together. So my dad dropped me off at the house one of my sorority sisters at 3am, and I rang the doorbell... and I was at the wrong house. Her house was just next door, but I still woke up strangers at 3am. I still look back on it and cringe, so it'd be nice to be able to stop.

4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
I would have loved to live in a completely other time. Maybe during the Renaisance or the antebellum South?

5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
I've blogged about this before, but no question, it's my American Girl dolls.

6. What is your favorite housecleaning chore?
I wouldn't call if favorite. But the chore I mind the least is doing the dishses.

7. Do you Twitter?
Yes. Follow me @shoshanahg

8. Any goals?
Lots. But as for one, I'd love to be an amazing mom someday.

9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
Err... not really. I'd much rather have a daiquiri, and I really don't manage those that often.

10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
Considering the only car I've ever had is my current Toyota echo, I guess by default that would have to be my answer.

Moving on from Sunshine, back in October Kristyn nominated me for a Liebster award. And while October is several months ago, at least it's not as bad as August, right?
For the Liebster you're supposed to name 11 facts about yourself, and answer 11 questions. To start, here's my 11 facts.

1. Anytime I've been tagged for a blogging award, I've completed it. (Even if it has taken me a month to do so.)

2. When I was 1-year-old I went to Mexico. I haven't been back since.

3. When my brother and I would play dinosaurs as kids we were draft dinosaur families. My brother's first pick was always the T-Rexs. Mine was always the "long necks."

4. In Kindergarten I used to want my name to be Amy, because I could spell it, and couldn't spell Shoshanah.

5. My favorite ice cream flavor used to be Ben & Jerry's Triple Caramel Chunk. At least it was until I stopped being able to find it.

6. In second grade I broke both my arms at the same time. I spent all summer in a pink & purple cast.

7. The first "grown-up" show I religiously watched was Party of Five, which I believe started when I was in 4th grade.

8. I love the Sesame Street movie Follow that Bird when I was little, and even downloaded all the songs in college.

9. Whenever I buy Kleenex I always buy Kleenex brand. I figured if I call it Kleenex, it should actually be it.

10. I obsess of tv volumes, and always want it on an even number. But one that isn't divisible by 10 or 11.

11. The last time I had a sip of milk was in 5th grade.

And here are my 11 questions...
1. What do you blog about?
I like to call it a lifestyle blog meets book blogging and wedding planning. (Although I guess the planning part is now finished with.)

2. If you could bring back any person from history (dead or alive), who would it be and why?
While this may not have been the intention of the question, I would have to say my mom. Part of me wishes I knew what was happening so I could have one final conversation with her. And while I realize in some ways it's better the way things happened, there's still so much I want to tell her.

3. Dogs or Cats?
Neither. I'm not really an animal person. But at times I like one more than the other.

4. What football team do you pull for?
The boy has converted me to an LSU fan.

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, and money didn't matter, where would you go and why?
My top 3 countries to visit are Australia, Egypt, & Greece.

6. Would you rather be on a beach, the mountains, or sight seeing?
Right now I'd say the mountains, especially since it's been so long since I've been. But I really love being at the beach as well.

7. If you could change one time in your life, what would it be and why?
This is actually quite similar to Question 3 in the first set, so I'm going to go with that one again.

8. Would you work if you had kids or stay at home with them?
I think depending on the circumstance I would be more than happy in both situations.

9. What is the earliest memory you have?
I'm pretty sure it was when my brother was born, so I'd have to be around 2 and a half. I remember sitting at our dinning room table with my grandfather and sticking "It's a boy stickers" on See's lollipops.

10. What's your favorite flower?
I've actually posted about this before, but it's forget-me-nots or lupins. Although if I were to list a third one it would be confederate roses.

11. What would be your dream job?
Reality tv star

From here I'm supposed to list 11 questions of my own, and then tag 11 more people. (I was actually supposed to tag people for the sunshine as well.) But this post is already a novel, so I'm just going to end it here. Although feel free to answer any of these questions if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment