Thursday, August 11, 2011

30 Days of Books - Day 3

Day 03 – Your favourite series
I think anyone whose been around From L.A. to LA long enough probably has a good idea on what my favorite book series is. After all I've written about the series itself before. I've even told how its influencing our wedding. But in case that's not enough my favorite series is...
The Betsy-Tacy Series by Maude Hart Lovelace
The series starts when Betsy and Tacy meet at age 5 and continues through Betsy's wedding. But not only do the characters grow, but the books grow in length and topic too. And then there's the fact there was a real life Betsty and Tacy since the series was based on Maude's life and her friendship with her best friend Frances "Bick" Kenney.

source
I know I've talked these books up over and over again, but seriously I think if you haven't read them they worth checking out. And since I don't think I've ever posted it before the complete list of the series follows.

Betsy-Tacy
Betsy-Tacy & Tib
Betsy-Tacy Go Over the Big Hill
Betsy-Tacy Go Downtown
Heaven to Betsy
Betsy In Spite of Herself
Betsy Was a Junior
Betsy and Joe
Betsy and the Great World
Betsy's Wedding


Deep Valley Companion Books
Winona's Pony Cart
Carney's House Party
Emily of Deep Valley


As for my favorite, well you'll have to wait till Day 4 because that's the next prompt. As always, I'd love to know if there are any other fans out there. And let me know what your favorite book series is!

3 comments:

  1. I've never read this series. I'll have to check them out.
    I think my favorite series was the Babysitter's Club. I still think of them fondly. I'm not a huge fan of series anymore. I have too many books to read and hate having to wait for the next one to be released.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this series! As a child, my fave series was definitely the BSB books. As an adult, my fave series was HP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, because after a post about the Betsy-Tacy series you did, I decided to go back and read them again. I loved them when I was younger, though at the time, never knew about the second half of the series! I only read the first four, I think. The DC library didn't have the last few either...so I am on the hunt for them! Ebay maybe? Etsy? Something?! I really did love them!

    ReplyDelete