Saturday, May 2, 2009

Punk Rock Prom Queen

I know I don't normally post on Saturdays, but I was tagged by Amber to post my prom picture and couldn't wait! Of course it has turned into an ordeal since I didn't have any prom pictures saved on my computer and since my reformat I no longer had my scanner drivers on my computer. But thiry minutes later, here we go!

Official rules:
1. Upload your prom picture. If you don't have one, email your mom and have her send it to you.
2. Don't forget to include the year it was taken. Again, don't be shy. The older the better.
3. Grab the "Prom Queen" button on Jill's sidebar and add it to your post.
4. Copy and Paste the rules to your blog
5. Tag 5 others!

This is our officially picture. In case you can't read the picture it was May 26, 2002. Most of my group of friends went to prom without a date, Myself included. So we were all each others' date. We all went to Macaroni Grill before hand and then headed over in our chauffeured car together. And yes, two of my friends are wearing the same dress. We went to the outlets to shop and that red dress was on sell for around $20. They both bought the dress, but one of them wasn't planning on wearing it to prom. She was planning on having her mom make her actual dress, but those plans fell through. I on the other hand heard her mom was planning on making her dress, so decided to have my mom make my dress.


Here we are not too long after arriving. As you can tell we were a little early. We had prom at the Gene Autry Western Museum.

Which meant I got to take fun pictures like this one in the Wild Wild West! You can't actually tell by I am sitting on a saddle. The dress kind of took it over. They also had a stagecoach I wanted to take a picture in, but every time I went by it, they was a couple "occupying" it.

One final picture clearly from the end of the night. As you can tell by the nice shine on my face I had spent most of the night on the dance floor. I had a lot of fun at prom, and can't believe it was 7 years ago! Crazy how time flies by like that!

Now I'm supposed to tag 5 people, but this was so much fun, I want to see every one's pictures! I can't wait to see them all!

~Shoshanah

6 comments:

  1. You look so great in all your pictures!!! I love that it was in a museum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I can't believe two of your friends wore the same dress! That takes guts :) I would have been a little mortified ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww fun post! Your hair is SOO light in these pictures!!

    Two of my friends ended up wearing the same dress to prom and they were MORTIFIED. One of them was tall, fair and blonde and the other was short and dark so it looked completely different on them though. I did a flashback friday back in january of my prom pics but I might have to post more now! I love looking back at old prom pics, we took over 200!!

    PS: Re: your comment on my blog. Eric snapped the pictures of me and Webster snuggling and I woke up shortly afterwards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. boo! It didn't work:( I'm probably typing in something wrong...do I just do the one < or do you mean replace both of those parentheses w/ corresponding < and > respectively. WO. confusing LOL so so sorry girl!


    ps I LOVE THIS. I am already looking for the prom photo! That was 7 years ago? Girlie, you don't look any day years older. And sheesh you look beautiful! I loooooove prom photos.Expect my prom post asap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute prom photos! You and your friends look great.

    ReplyDelete