Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Cheesiest

Currently in the fridge we have 9 different cheeses. Yes, 9. Some are mine. Some are his. But still 9 in a lot of cheese to have in the fridge for two people. In case you're curious here's a list of the type of cheese
  • Brie
  • Dubliner (Its similar to a cheddar.)
  • 2 kinds of feta. (One in the basic Athenos version. One is more traditional and has actual Greek letters on the package. And yes, I eat feta as a snack!)
  • Provolone (This is his, its in slices up for sandwiches)
  • Aged Gouda
  • 2 blocks of parmesan (One is almost finished, so we bought the second to replace it. But we still have both.)
  • Fol Epi (He wanted to try this. It tastes similar to a Swiss)

Clearly we like our cheese. Its hard for us to buy groceries without picking up at least one type of it. But I figured it is at least good for me. I figured I don't drink milk so I need to get my calcium someway. And Cheese (and ice cream!) are really the only ways I get this taken care of.

But its taking a while to go through them all. Luckily none of them had gone bad in the fridge yet. So in an attempt to eat it all and save money, I've been trying to come home for lunch and make cheese my lunch.
Bread, sausage, hummus, and 4 cheeses
Here we have one of these lunches. Going clockwise we have hummus, focaccia, pita, summer sausage, aged Gouda, fol epi, dubliner, and Brie.

So tell me do you also have a million types of cheeses in your fridge? Or what do you have multiples of in your place? Peanut Butters? Salad Dressings? Salsas?

~Shoshanah

8 comments:

  1. lots of salad dressing, milk and creamer.

    i'm a no-fat kind of gal and the hubby is a bring it all on kind of guy!

    a married fridge is hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me soooo hungry and craving for cheese, which i love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have mentioned on my blog before that I am not a cheese gal. that being said, I would join you for lunch. I would just eat the hummus, focaccia, pita and summer sausage. yum!

    so, what multiples do I have in my kitchen/fridge? hmm, I guess I have to say we usually have more than 2 kinds of bread, pasta sauces and types of pastas lying around. oh, and boxes and bags of frozen veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...your killing me. I love love love cheese! I've said before that if I could get away with only eating cheese, that i would.

    Now I want a cheese stick so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eric loves to buy weird cheeses. Apparently there's some sort of chocolate cheese? Ya, he wants to buy it.

    We have multiple bottles of salad dressing and I think that's it! I always go through cupboards/fridge and make a list before going grocery shopping so we don't usually end up with multiples. Eric would end up with a million different kinds of cheese if I let him though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go to the grocery store so I don't have much cheese in my fridge, but usually I do! I could eat cheese every day and not get sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We always have tons of cheese in our fridge too! Currently there are probably 4 different types in there. (Too lazy to look!) We also have a bunch of different jams and breads. And also tons of diff chocolate chips in the cabinet, for whenever my baking mood strikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE cheese. I wish I could keep a ton of cheese at my house. I would pig-out on it, so I don't.

    ReplyDelete