Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscars 2013

As I'm sure you're probably aware, tonight is Oscar night! And if you've been here long enough, you know that each year I post my Oscar predictions. So without any more hoopla, here are my predictions for tonight.

Best Picture: Argo
Best Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln
Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz - Django Unchained
Best Actress: Jennifer Lawrence - Silver Linings Playbook
Best Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
Best Director: Steven Spielberg - Lincoln
Best Documentary Feature: The Gatekeepers
Best Documentary Short: Mondays at Racine
Best Animated Feature: Frankenweenie
Best Foreign Language Film: Amour (Austria)
Best Original Screenplay: Michael Haneke - Amour
Best Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio - Argo
Best Cinematography: Life of Pi
Best Make-Up: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Best Production Design: Life of Pi
Best Animated Short Film: Fresh Guacamole
Best Live Action Short Film: Buzkashi Boys
Best Visual Effects: Life of Pi
Best Costume Design: Lincoln
Best Film Editing: Argo
Best Sound Mixing: Skyfall
Best Sound Editing: Argo
Best Original Score: Alexandre Desplat - Argo
Best Original Song: Adele Adkins and Paul Epworth - "Skyfall" - Skyfall

Edit: For those curious I finished with 11/24. Not my best outing overall, but I did at least get the majority of the major awards correct.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously we already know the outcome but I definitely had some of the same guesses as you. I thought Spielberg would get best director too so that was a little surprising for me. I wish I had a chance to see all of these movies and such before the awards. All I saw this year was Brave and Silver Lining's Playbook. :)

    ReplyDelete