Monday, February 11, 2013

MMR

Argo
Back when Argo was first the theaters, the boy and I never took the time to go see it. But with it getting so much Oscar talk, they brought it back to the movie screens, and we finally had a chance to see what all the fuss was about.

I wound up being a pretty big fan of it. For something where you really already know how it's going to end, I found the whole movie really suspenseful. I also thought they did a great job setting the scene for the history behind the Iran/US relationship, but also really getting a feel for the whole era.

While the boy didn't come out and say he liked it, he did at least say he completely got why people seemed to love it. And while I haven't seen every film nominated for Best Picture, out of the ones I've seen, this is what I'd expect to win.

If you haven't seen Argo yet, while it's back in theaters, I think now would be a great time to see it.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this movie! And you nailed it--even though you know (or hopefully know) how it's going to end, you still are on the edge of your seats. I was so pissed that Affleck wasn't nominated for Best Director. (In my opinion, he is a much better director than actor.) I though the character development was amazing. Okay, okay, I'll stop gushing now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to see this movie. I need to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved "Argo." Even though I knew exactly how it was going to end I was glued to it.

    P.S. Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete