Friday, June 29, 2012

Show Us Your... Kid's Rooms

This week the theme for Show Us Your Life is kid's rooms, except we don't actually have a kid that lives in our house. So instead I'm showing off what we call our library.
DSC07073
Technically though, if there's any room that could be classified as a kid's room this would be it. And if you were to ask the boy's niece, she would tell you this was her room. This is the door into the library, and I think by the number of stuffed animals on it can be called a kid's room. The chair next to folds out into a bed, which is where the boy's niece has slept whenever she's spent the night here.
DSC07074
I have actually blogged this room before, and if you were to compare these two posts you'll find the biggest change is that we've run out of room for books.
DSC07069
There's obviously not just stacks all over the ground, but books that I've basically stuffed onto book shelves.
DSC07070
On the top shelf are my American Girls dolls, high enough to keep them safe from small hands.
DSC07072
Which brings us back to the same chair we started with. And since this post is technically for kid's rooms, here is at least the children books that currently reside in our library.
DSC07076
Does anyone else have their home overrun by books? And if you're here from Kelly's Korner, but sure to say hello!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you have your American Girl dolls out. We don't have kids either, but our extra bedrooms (library and LEGO room) might as well be kids' rooms, too. :)

    http://thepharrsideofarkansas.blogspot.com/2012/06/sleeping-at-owlery.html

    See if you can find my American Girl dolls! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cabbage patch! I wish I still had mine from when I was a little girl. I got my Madison one for Christmas this year and I'm bound and determined that she'll still have it in 20+ years. Ha ha~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by our blog and for the sweet message. I also love that the American girl dolls are out... Mine are in storage for when Bennett Grace gets a little bit bigger and I'll be happy to reunite with them one day :)

    ReplyDelete