Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday Movie Review

Brave
I love pretty much all Pixar movies, so it's no surprise that I was incredibly excited to see this. And while I did enjoy it, and will probably watch it over and over once I have kids of my own, and can't wait to see Princess Merida at Disneyland, it was probably one of the weaker Pixar movies.

What didn't work for me? Well, I wasn't a huge fan of the music. The music did fit the movie in that it was felt like old Scottish songs, but it just didn't seem memorable to me. And the fact that the boy saw the previews and then said, "I think this is going to be the plot of the movie," and he was 100% right. We also took the boy's niece and nephew to see the movie, and I feel like when we see movies with them it's hard for me to lose myself in the movie since I'm also trying to keep track of them.

But even with those complaints, I don't think you should miss it, and even see it with 3-D if you can. My opinion is, that if you are going to see a Pixar movie, 3-D is definitely the way to go. And I figured I'd leave you with an image of the 2 kids waiting for the movie to start.
Waiting to See Brave
So, it's not the clearest picture, but it's still fun!

3 comments:

  1. This one is on my list. I won't expect fabulous, but I think I will still enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that this movie is good, but I can't do the 3D - it makes me feel woozy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of glad you told me it was one of the weaker Pixar movies. I've been DYING to see it since the trailer came out and have only heard raving reviews from a couple of my friends who saw it opening night, but I think its always good to go into a movie with slightly lower expectations...that way if it is fabulous you can enjoy it more :)

    ReplyDelete