Saturday, April 4, 2009

Labyrinth

Labyrinth by Kate Moss
I'm still a bit undecided about how I feel about this book. My mom recommended (and lent me) this book and I know exactly why she liked it. It has the same feel and is the same type of book she normally like and recommends for me.

The book follows to story lines. The first is sent in Medieval France and follows a girl names Alais. The second is sent in modern day France and follows a girl named Alice. Of course by the end of the book the two stories have become intertwined.

I did like each story individually, but I think was a bit confused by the back and forth. At lot of this could be the fact that most of the reading was done reading a chapter or two during my lunch break, and not necessarily everyday. Because of this I don't think I was able to completely follow all of the story lines. And even all of the characters. There were several characters who had similar sounding names, and I never was sure which one they were talking about.

Overall I did enjoy most of the book. Although, it seems there were some plot lines that weren't quite resolved. Maybe they actually were, I just didn't pay enough attention to see that. It was somewhat of a mystery, but the big twist at the ending seemed pretty obvious half way through. My recommendation to you, if you want read this book, is to actually sit down and read more than one or two chapters at a time. It would probably be much more enjoyable that way.

~Shoshanah

P.S. Yes, I did change my layout last night. Any thoughts?

Image from Amazon.com

2 comments:

  1. Ouuu likin' the new layout!!!!


    PS I TOO added a PS to my post for you! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it too!! Nice summery colors :)

    ReplyDelete