Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Just Beachy

It's another Where in the World Wednesday, and I'm continuing my beach crawl. This week finds us at...
I think this one might be a favorite
Bolsa Chica Beach, California

This was taken Summer 2006, only a few days before I moved to Louisiana.

One of my favorite aspects about this beach is that there's bonfire pits on the sand. There were many times growing up where we'd head to Bolsa Chica for a bonfire. You'd normally get there early in the day to enjoy the sun, but after the sun went down you'd hang out around the fire roasting marshmallows in sweatshirts. In general, the fire pits were in high demand, and this day in August we didn't quite get there early enough to stake out our own pit. But even without a fire, we still had a great day at the beach.

If you're looking for more Where in the World Wednesday posts, be sure to head over to Classy in Philadelphia. Or if you're curious, you can see Where in the world I've been here.

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. Bonfire pits? For real? Oh that sounds SO amazing.
    Love bonfires.
    Love beaches.
    Together - harmony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally jealous of all these beach shots! Travel agency should hire you :P I'd definitely fly wherever you were advertising :D

    ReplyDelete