Sunday, March 28, 2010

Dragon Training in 3-D

How to Train Your Dragon
When we decided to go see this Friday night we were a little weary. We'd read recently that this week lots of movie theaters in the country had decided to significantly raise their 3-D prices, and we afraid our theater would be one of those. But luckily, our tickets were only $12 each.

The question you have to ask when you're spending almost $30 for a 3-D movie is, is it worth it? The truth is that when you're halfway through the movie you forget its in 3-D. You definitely notice it during the previews and at the start of the movie, but you do get a little immune to it all. But even so I still think its worth it. Just looking at the animated water with the waves it really does look like real water. And the scenes with the dragon flying you really feel like you yourself are flying. They were definitely a few times when I ducked or leaned to the side to avoid hitting something while "in flight." Honestly I think its a great experience, but don't think the prices really need to be as high as they are.

As for the movie itself, I really liked it. It was a cute movie with a lot of laugh out loud amounts. Sure the kids in the theater liked it, but I think the adults enjoyed it just as much. It is fairly predictable, but that's what you'd expect in a movie aimed towards children. I would easily watch the movie again, and think a sequel to this could be a lot of fun. Even without the 3-D I would still say its a good movie, but I do think seeing it in 3-D is half of the fun.

~Shosahanh

3 comments:

  1. I've heard a lot of great reviews about this movie. I might just have to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some things I think are worth seeing in 3D (like Avatar, Alice in Wonderland) and others are not. I just don't see the point in spending that much money on movies that aren't going to completely blow my mind away the whole time you know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of movies are going 3-D now...and the tickets are expensive! I haven't heard of this movie yet??? I have to google it!

    ReplyDelete