Sunday, March 21, 2010

Better Late Than Never

Almost a month ago now, Andie at Sweet.Sourthern.Spirited sent my the Sunshine Award.
The Sunshine Award is given to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspire others in the blog world. And its rules are pretty simple

1. Post the logo on my blog
2. Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers
3. Link the nominees' blogs so others can get to know them
4. Let nominees know they have won this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share the love and link to the person you received this award from

Except I'm breaking the rules a little, because I'm not sending this to 12 fellow bloggers. Instead I'm sending it to all 65 of my followers. But if you really want it too, then feel free to become a follower and its yours!

I know it seems waiting a month to post the Sunshine award is a long time. Except that Anais at Through Green Eyes sent me the Beautiful Blogger Award on December 2, 2009!
The rules for this one are a bit more complicated, because not only do I have to pass this on to 7 bloggers I have to post 7 things about my self. To start with 7 things:

  • Yesterday I tired Starbucks' new Dark Chocolate Cherry Mocha. It tasted just like a chocolate covered cherry. Very delicious, but not quick delicious to replace my normal latte.

  • Speaking of Starbucks, Tuesday I'll be there for free pastry day. Not sure what type of pasties they'll be giving away, but I won't be missing it.

  • Growing up I used to sleep with a Cabbage Patch Doll named Bernard. Bernard was the name that came with the doll, and I decided to keep that name, but that Bernard would be a girl

  • Last weekend I went to Target to spend a $75 gift card. Except my total wound up being over $200!

  • The Backstreet Boys just released their Spring tour dates. They aren't coming to Louisiana, so I'm thinking I might need to head to NYC to catch a show with some friends.

  • At work I always have a box of Kleenex on my desk. I always buy Kleenex brand (I figure if I'm calling them Kleenex they should actually be Kleenex), and I always make sure to buy the boxes with the best design

  • Flowers are starting to bloom in our new back yard! I would have liked to have taken some pictures today, but while its been nice and in the 70s all week, it decided to drop down to the 50s today. Hopefully next weekend will be warmer and I'll have some backyard pictures to share.
Now for the 7 bloggers I'm sending the award to! Well I don't want to put any pressure on anyone to remember to post this within the next 3 months (or almost 4 since that's how long its taken me!), so instead this award goes to the first 7 people to comment on this post!

Even though its taken me a while to post both of these awards I really do appreciate them. Thanks Andie and Anais! And on the same note thanks for everyone whose stopping by a reading. I'm loving being able to take you from L.A. to LA and beyond!

~Shoshanah

4 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the comment. Sorry Im just now seeing it! I wish there was away Blogger could alert you if you had new comments. Anyways..I'm glad you liked Dear John. I've read all of Nicholas Sparks' books! I love them. Also..I love your blog. You may have inspired me to blog more =)

    have a great day! and I'm kinda jealous that out of all the starbucks in town..we never had a free pastry day! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to do this to you, but I gave you an award on Friday in my attempt to spring clean...I'd been hoarding awards since January! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on the awards!

    and free pastry day at Starbucks!? that sounds amazing! my mom works at Starbucks and I hadn't heard about that... I'm guessing it is only at "real" Starbucks, not the ones in the grocery stores. but I'd totally be there. though, I'm kind of boring-- my fave is a croissant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL this is too funny!!! I had totally forgotten about the award, so good job for remembering, even if it took you a little bit ;)

    I keep meaning to try the cherry mocha starbucks drink but I always forget!

    ReplyDelete