Wednesday, April 3, 2013

This Year in Our Home

The boy and I have had passover sedars in our home before. (See this post from 3 years ago when my parents came to visit and we had a small sedar in our home.) But this is the first year where not only did I have a sedar in our home, but I was the one actually hosting. With my family on the other side of the country, instead we had a few friends over, and it seemed like everyone had a great time. It was actually the first sedar for most of them, so hopefully they'd be willing to come back for another!
DSC08084
Having people over for a holiday it also gave me a chance to finally bring out some of our wedding presents. For the first time we used our china, tablecloth, napkins, water pitcher, and I'm sure more. Hopefully this starts a trend to continue!
DSC08087
Food-wise I made charoset (for the first time with a food processor!) and matzoh ball soup (although from a box), while the boy made my mom's brisket recipe, roasted potatoes, and asparagus. And of course there was dessert! (More on this, plus at least one other recipe to come!) All in all, my first time hosting a holiday (one of my 101 in 1001 goals even) was a success!

What's the first holiday you hosted on your own? Or instead, what did you do this year for either Passover or Easter?

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely time! I've been educating myself on Passover because my father-in-law's family is Jewish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table looks amazing! Looks like a lovely meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! I can't wait to host a seder one day - although I do my fair share of help each year hosting with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our new place is finally large enough to host dinner for the holidays. I'm thinking about offering to host Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete