Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Mortal Instuments

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
I think it's pretty much going to be impossible to review this book without any spoilers. So if you're the sort that wants to avoid them at all costs this might not be for you. Otherwise...

This book is about Clary Fray a normal teenager living in New York City. At least she thinks she's a normal teenager. But that all changes after a night out in a club where she get wrapped up in the world of Shadowhunters. They're a group demon hunter somewhat humans, similar to how Wizard are humans in the Harry Potter world, but non-Shadowhunter humans are called mundanes instead of muggles.

The book does set up a really interesting fantasy world, and while a few parts of the novel are predictable I still enjoyed it. Although I didn't really Star Wars-esqueness of the ending, but only because I wish things had worked out a little differently. As you would expect from a young adult novel with a Stephanie Meyer quote on the cover, there was a good bit of teenage romance throughout the book which I did enjoy. While I wouldn't necessarily list the book as one of my all time favorites I did really enjoy the book, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

~Shoshanah

No comments:

Post a Comment