Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Before the Eclipse

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer
With Eclipse coming out this weekend, I figured this was the perfect time to read the Twilight novella. In case you haven't read the Twilight books yet (what are you waiting for?) the books tells the story of Bree Tanner, one of the newborn vampires in the army that fights against the Cullens. Even if you haven't read the books, you can tell just by the title how the book (and Bree herself) ends.

Its been about two years since I read the Twilight books, and this book brought back all I loved about them in the first place. I was fun getting back into the Twilight universe. Like the rest of her books I didn't want to put it down, and being a novella, I was finished in a few hours. While it shouldn't have been a surprise, there was even a bit of a romantic interest for Bree. But what I found the most interesting was being able to see bits and pieces of Edward and Bella's relationship and interactions from an outside point of view.

It was a nice refresher course to reacquaint myself with the Cullens in anticipation of the movie. Which I wanted to see before, and now really can't wait to see! And even more than that, it made me want to reread all the Twilight books. Ending this review the only way fitting...

Go Team Edward!

~Shoshanah

2 comments: