Friday, June 25, 2010

The End of the Mortal Instruments

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
This is definitely a series where each book gets better and better. Unfortunately it is a trilogy, which makes this the final part. I'm a little sad considering I can only imagine what more books in this world would be like. This books takes Clary and her friends to the city of Alicante, which is the city of the Shadowhuters, in order to find a cure for Clary's mother.

While I do think it'd be fun to read more about this world, this book does wrap the story up pretty perfectly. All the questions about Clary's and Jace's past are answer. While some of them are answered as expected, there's still some nice twists and turns along the way. In some ways I felt the last few pages opened up a second set of questions, but yet I think the author's point with bringing in the Seelie Queen at the end of the book was to show how satisfied Clary was with all of the changes she's gone through.

I was actually surprised how much I enjoyed this series, especially after being a little let down after the first book. I think part of it is I like being the one choosing my own books. When someone lends me book to read (these ones were from my mom), I tend to think that if they were really worth reading I would have discovered them myself. While I know that isn't always the case, its still a hard habit for me to break. But hopefully this books takes me on a journey of being a little more open to suggestions.

~Shoshanah

No comments:

Post a Comment