Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Path to the Dress

Remember when my MOH came to visit me a few weeks ago and I casually mentioned we went wedding dress shopping? Well after surviving an earthquake and hurricane she finally sent me pictures!

To start with I thought it would be fun to go to a posh upscale wedding salon. Except we got there for our scheduled appointment and had to wait over 30 minutes to actually meet with someone. It wasn't that there wasn't someone else in the store that could wait on us, since after we'd been there about 20 minutes someone else walked in and was able to meet with her attendant immediately. It was the fact that the woman we schedule our appointment in with someone else, and since I'm sure they worked on commission they weren't going to let us meet with anyone else. But while she was finishing up with her other customer she let us into out private dressing room to wait.
IMG_0535
Yes this place was technically did not allow photos, but we were completely alone in a room, so who was there to stop us. Our consultant finally came back and we were able to try on the first dress.
IMG_0539
Yes, it's a blogger fail, because I didn't actually write down the names of dresses I tried on. But I think this one was Priscilla of Boston, which in light of the fact they''re closing down probably isn't going to happen.

Anyways while I was trying this dress our consultant left us unattended again to take a phone call. As in long enough for another mini-photo shoot.
IMG_0538
She finally came back where we proceed to try on 4 more dresses. Which is your counting means 4 dresses in about an hour and a half. At that point we were more than ready to leave, and while she tried to keep us there longer we were off to the French Quarter for lunch, which again was blogged briefly here. But here's one more picture of the three of us later that day at Pat O'Briens just for fun.
At Pat O'Briens
Thankfully this wasn't the end of our wedding dress adventures, but this post has gotten long enough already, so you'll just have to wait for more. Did you have any not-so-stellar wedding dress experiences while you were shopping?

9 comments:

  1. I went to 4 different shops to try on dresses. I called 1 high end place and they were so rude on the phone. I wound up canceling the appointment. I'm enjoying these dress posts. I hope there are more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I want to say I really love that dress on you. It's so simple but so amazing at the same time! I know you said it's probably not the one. Were there any others that stood out to you?

    As far as my dress shopping experience: I only went to one salon: Bridal & Formal Boutique in Gulfport, MS. We arrived about 30 minutes early, so the consultant I ended up with was not the one I was scheduled with.

    But she was oh so lovely and a huge help. And what do you know? I chose the first dress she picked out for me. Unfortunately, she left for college the next week, so I won't get to work with her again. But so far, this salon has been really great. If it weren't such a drive for you, I'd suggest that you go there.

    I'm sorry you had a less than stellar experience with that salon. I think the shopping experience has to be special. You only do this once, after all! You'll find what you're looking for eventually.

    I can't wait to see more dress shopping posts from you! Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is beautiful on you!! Sorry about the experience, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dress shopping can be so fun but it's also so stressful. I love how places don't let you take pics but you did anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only been dress shopping with friends adn they have had a good experience, luckily, but I know that is not always the case!

    Can't wait to see the dress you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that dress looks AWESOME on you! I could totally see you in something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I love that y'all snuck in pics, I would've done the same thing! That dress looks awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's so ridiculous that places won't let you take photos of the dresses. I only believe what I really look like in something if I can see a photo of myself in it!

    I can't wait to hear more about your dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete