Friday, September 9, 2011

It's a Blog, Not a Memior Part 4

Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster
It's been a while (a little over a year) since I read the last Jen Lancaster book. But in a way it doesn't really matter because you could read this one even if you haven't read her other books. In some ways this book is a prequel, at least as much as a memoir can be considered a prequel. It's start when Jen, or Jeni as she goes by then, is 8 and ends a few years before the start of bitter. Each story or chapter i centered around an item of clothing. Except since I'm not really a clothing person, I kind of ignored that part and just enjoyed her hilarious story.

I did wind up enjoying this one, but I'm not quite sure if it's my favorite. Part of it might be because I don't completely remember the first 3, so it's hard to judge it against them. (I actually had to do a quick blog search to refresh my memory. It's a nice little blogging perk being able to recall your feelings on a book from 1 or 2 years ago.) My favorite parts of the books were while Jen was in college, but especially those dealing with her sorority, both while she's pledging and actually a member.

If you haven't read Jen Lancaster's books by now, you should probably make a point to pick one up. (Especially if you're a blogger, because her books definitely have the feel of a blog. Makes sense especially considering that's how she go her book deal.) Most often I'd tell you to start with their first book. And while I think that's still the best option, considering this one's a prequel you could probably read this one first and not really miss out.

4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment