Sunday, September 4, 2011

In My Mailbox (21)

Once again I'm linking up with The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. If you're looking for more info on the meme, how to play and its history it's all written up there.
So another weekend at the Borders' closing sale. I'm thinking after this set there might be only 1 or 2 trips left to Borders. But I guess we'll see what hidden gems we can find. On to the books!
In My Mailbox
Purchased
Acceptance by David L. Marcus
I've read fiction books with story similar to this, but never anything that's actually true. In case you can't make out the subtitle, this is basically a memoir of a high school guidance counselor. I think it'll be well worth it's $2.00 price.

Storyteller: The Authorized biography of Roald Dahl by Donald Sturrock
Another bargain buy that I probably wouldn't have bought full price, but do think it's a book I'd enjoy. I read most, if not all, of Dahl's books growing up but really don't know that much about him so I'm it turns out to be really interesting.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I finally picked up Anna! I've heard nothing but amazing things about this, I'm just hoping it can live up to all the hype.

Seventeenth Summer by Maureen Daly
Another bargain buy. I don't know much about it, but think it looks like a cute summer read. (Yes, it's September, but the fact it's still 100 degrees outside means it's still summer to me.)

Planning Your Wedding Sucks by Joanne Kimes & Elena Donovan Mauer
I finally remember to check in Borders' wedding section. It was pretty much picked over, but decided to go with the one, because the title pretty much expresses how I feel about the whole wedding planning right now.

Broken Promises by Elizabeth Cobbs Hoffman
This is a fairly new-ish historical fiction I've heard good things about. (Plus I love the cover!) It takes place during the U.S. Civil War, but partially in London as well.

Won
Juliet by Anne Fortier
I won this through a giveaway from the publisher. I know I just read another retelling of Romeo & Juliet, but I'm more than willing to read another!

So overall it was a pretty big week for me book-wise. Hopefully yours was too!

17 comments:

  1. Great haul!! I love the title of the wedding planning book! I definitely know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lots of great books!! I hadnt heard of the French one!!! I am all about books set in or about France! :). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss is awesome! I love that it's set in Paris. Stephanie Perkins' writing is fantastic.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna is one of my favorites - isn't it everybody's? Broken Promises sounds right up my alley - I'll have to check it out.

    Happy Reading!
    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Anna and the French Kiss! I really hope you enjoy it as much as I did! It was a nice surprise for me when I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Anna and the French Kiss as well. It was more that I expected. Enjoy all your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week! ANNA was amazing. I hope that you enjoy all of your new books!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read Acceptance. I hope you like Broken Promises more than I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Juliet looks fantastic.. and Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favorites!! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have a great week!

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to read Anna & The French Kiss - got to get it first!!

    Check out our Mailbox at Book Sake.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, great books this week. I am going to start reading Anna and the French Kisssoon as I have heard some really good things! Enjoy your books.

    Check out my IMM here - http://lostinayabook.blogspot.com/2011/09/in-my-mailbox-8.html

    Emma @ LostinaYAboook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haha, I love these posts! I so wish there was a Borders near me so I could hit up their closing sale.
    I just checked out Anna again from the library, hopefully I get a chance to read it this time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anna and the French Kiss is amazing..I'm pretty sure I've already pre-ordered the next book by Stephanie Perkins :)

    I'm interested in 17th Summer...I'll have to order that one as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You'll definitely enjoy Anna and the French Kiss :) i love it! hopping back, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE Anna! Hope you do too. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Argh! I wish we had Borders sales! I'm so jealous it's ridiculous...

    I like the idea of the high school guidance counsellor memoir. I've never heard of anything like that before, I might have to have a look.

    I've heard wonderful things about Anna and the French Kiss too, but I've not read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I keep seeing Anna and the French Kiss everywhere and I'm so curious about it! Everyone seems to love it. I hope you enjoy! Thanks for stopping by. :)

    Rebecca
    Kindle Fever

    ReplyDelete