Monday, September 26, 2011

Inside the 'vlope

Last week I posted about the basic outline that I'm thinking about for out STDs, and mentioned that on the card itself there would be a mini-envelope, but kept quiet about what would be inside. And for the reveal... well instead let's talk about what won't be inside the envelope, but I love the idea so I'm sharing it anyways!


Bookmarks!

I seriously love this idea and makes sense the the boy and I love to read. Except the boy always uses the receipt from a book purchase for a bookmark (and has got me doing the same), so we don't really use other bookmarks. Plus, there's the practicality of it. If you through it in a book, how likely is it that you'll lose it and hence the remember. It is a great idea in theory, but I don't think it would quite work for us. But since I still love it, here's another STD bookmark to lust over.


And yes, I'm going to keep you waiting a little longer for the full idea. But let's say that a few of you in your comments on the last post had the right idea.

What are your thoughts for a bookmark STD? Do you love the idea, or are you of the opinion that there's a few practical issues with it?

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a save the date book mark! I wish I had found those when we were planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea!!! While its true some people might put it in a book and then forget about the actual STD, I think most people who are invited to your wedding will already have the date marked down somewhere! But thats coming from someone whose mom records everything on the calendar as soon as she finds out about it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bookmark idea! I wish we would have done that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I like the bookmark idea a lot and think it would be GREAT for a couple who are both bookworms.

    We went with magnets for our save the dates since that way people can just throw them on their fridge and hopefully not lose them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this idea! I probably wouldn't use one but it'd live on my corkboard and I'd love the bookish implications! Plus if someone puts the date on the calendar THEN loses it in a book, how cool would it be to come across the bookmark at a later date!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those bookmarks! They're adorable and truly awesome :) I will definitely be using something similar in the future when I finally get married (if I ever get married, I should say :P) Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment in my IMM post. I also agree about The Host receiving not nearly enough credit as Twilight Saga. I loved The Host so much more than Twilight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the idea of a bookmark but I agree, I don't think I would end up using it because it would get left in a book and forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete