Thursday, September 29, 2011

Let's Play Ball

Moneyball
If you have any hesitation about seeing this movie because it's a "sports movie" you might want to reconsider. To start with there's Brad Pitt, and he's really good in it. The boy's comment was that while watching it, Brad fell so much into the role that he forgot who he was watching and thought of him as the character instead of the actor. I have to disagree a bit there, after all it's a little difficult to forgo who I'm staring at.

Plus if you're looking for more eye candy there's Chris Pratt, formerly of one of my favorite shows Everwood. Or if you're looking for more tv actors, there's Kerris Dorsey from Brothers & Sisters. She doesn't have a huge role, but she really shines whenever she's there. Plus she sings a song to her dad, aka Brad Pitt, that is great as well. I haven't downloaded it yet, but definitely plan on it. (And if you're curious about the song, you've probably heard it in an Old Navy commercial.)

As I started off with this, it isn't really a baseball movie. There is one big game scene, but most of the other baseball is a lot of highlights. And of course, there's a good amount of math in the movie. Or at least they allude to the math in the movie and show pictures a lot with tons of equations. They don't really get into the math, and while I would probably enjoyed more of it, if you're not a math person there really isn't that much.

If you have any hesitation seeing this one, I think you should take the chance on it. Worst case, even if you're not a huge fan of the story, there's a good amount of eye candy!

2 comments:

  1. I have a weird obsession with sports movies. I'm not a big sports fan, but I love sports movies. Miracle is one of my all time favorite movies. I also love Rudy, Invincible and I Am Marshall. Can't wait to see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know! I hate baseball but this movie really intrigued me. I'm going to try and convince my friends to go see this one now!

    ReplyDelete