Thursday, March 12, 2009

The NEW New Facebook

How does everyone feel about the new facebook? I'm still somewhat undecided. I am ridiculously noisy so I kind of like knowing what everybody is up to RIGHT now. But there are specific items I want to read, and I can't figure out how to do that. Or if you currently can. My perfect newsfeed you would be able to set up your own personal filter. Say show me photo stories, video stories, and status updates. But nothing else. You can currently filter JUST photos, or JUST videos. But not multiple applications. Or any other way to do it would be to filter out certain applications. Also certain things don't have an actual filter. (Like Statuses... Satusi? I'm not really sure what the multiple of status is.)

I do like facebook for the warning that the home page would be changing. They did this also when the implemented the "New" facebook. (Does this make it now the NEW New facebook.) I guess they are learning from when they implemented the newsfeed without warning.

I am sure facebook will make the new homepage better and work out the kinks. And within time, we'll all ever forget it was any different.

~Shoshanah

P.S. I will be posting later tonight, my weekly Frozen Thursday post! I just came up with that name, and I like it!

5 comments:

  1. I HATE it. I'm so mad about it. They JUST changed it and I was just getting used to the old new facebook. I like to look at JUST people's status updates sometimes and I can't figure out how to do that.

    Stupid facebook.

    Also, I think they are trying to make it look more like Twitter, because Twitter has people's profile pics beside each of their updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment about the redesign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Amber, they are trying to make it more like Twitter. I'm not a fan, but I guess I'll have to get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it. Facebook is just trying to be like Twitter. Facebook loses my interest more and more every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am kind of annoyed with it because I don't seem to be seeing the status updates of the people I am most interested in! My real friends. I keep getting status updates of one particular person who updates constantly, 20 times a day, like he is on Twitter-ugh!!! (I am on Twitter by the way, which has its place.) There used to be a way in the newsfeed option to choose whose updates you most cared to see--and now I am not sure. Kinda sucks but I guess we will get used to it. My two cents.

    ReplyDelete