Sunday, March 29, 2009

Movie Reviews

I Love You Man
This was actually a lot better than expected. I really didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Overall it was really fun and even had a little romance in it. Paul Rudd was really cute, and was in so many situations that I feel are right out of my life. All those time where you say something and immediately after wonder WTF did I just say. Well that happened over and over and over again. So often, but it never seems to get old. The girl who played the love interest was really cute as well. Overall it's a good date movie. Enough laughs and bathroom type humor guys will like it, and enough romance that girls will like it.

Monsters vs Aliens
I love the whole 3-D movie craze that has taken hold lately. It can pretty much turn a bad movie into an awesome experience (Main Case: Journey to the Center of the Earth) Luckily, this was not the case, and was actually a good movie. Some of the 3-D effects were a little overdone, but purposely so. It was supposed to be a spoof of old school monster movies after all. Like all good animated films it had enough jokes for adults as well as the kids. I'm sure you've all seen the picture of the "E.T. Go Home" missile in the preview. But what they didn't show is the E.T. theme that accompanies it. And knowing it is a Dreamworks movie (which is owned by Spielberg) had do you think the humans first decided to greet the aliens. Again, I recommend this. (Honestly though, a movie has to be awful for me not to.) It's overall just a good fun time! And if you see it be sure to do so in 3-D

And just for fun, here's a shot of the two of us wearing our 3-D glasses. I took this without the flash, and I really love the effect that's going on!
Monsters vs Aliens

~Shoshanah

3 comments:

  1. That is kind of a cool picture!!

    I really want to see both of those movies and I want to see 17 again!

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see both those movies, so I'm glad they were good!!! I love that "I love you man" seems like the type of movie that both me AND my bf might enjoy :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't expect to enjoy I Love You, Man either but I ended up loving it. I laughed the whole way through!

    ReplyDelete