Friday, August 3, 2012

#WhiteGirlProblems

White Girl Problems by Babe Walker
Sometimes I think they might be something wrong with me because I don't always get comedic books. It's not that I don't enjoy them, but that I read them as if it's a serious subject. And while I liked this, and thought it was humorous, it never actually got me to laugh. (If that explanation even makes sense to anyone else.)

Don't be fooled by the book's author, but there isn't actually a Babe Walker. Instead it's written by the same 3 people that run the @whitegrlproblem twitter feed. I'm not completely sure how I feel though about having a fake author. As silly as this may sound, I think it would have enjoyed this more if I knew it was being marketed as a fake memoir. Not that I would want the book written any differently, but I guess seeing the actual authors get credit for it on the front cover, would make me feel differently about it. (I'm not sure why I think this would change my opinion of the book, and I realize I'm making little sense and having trouble expressing myself, but at least it's out there.)

There were some parts though I really enjoyed. I thought the chapter on her trainer was the best parts, and think it'd be worth the experience to at least try out a few of her training moves. And I love the sketches of the clothing throughout.

I think as long as you're not crazy like me, and actually get comedic books they way they're meant to be experience, you'd probably like this. But while I did enjoy parts, it's not one I'm dying to read again.

3.5/5

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I just picked up this book at Target the other day as my next Summer read! Hope I like it!

    ReplyDelete