Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Social (4)

Sunday Social
Today we're having a little flashback with A Complete Waste of Make-Up's Sunday Social. I'm really looking forward to every one's posts this week to see just what you looked like when you were younger. So Let's get to the pictures!

1. What were you like in Middle School/HS?(pictures)
This is me, I believe, in 7th grade. The photo was taken by my BFF/MOH in the empty field by her house. Our houses were about 40 minutes apart but my parents made the drive over and over so we could spend weekends together. There were probably month long stretches were we didn't see each other, but once we had our driver's licences that trip got a little easier.
96
2. What were your favorite past times?
I spent most of my time playing soccer. The picture below is in 6th grade. Our team was called "No Fear" which my mom coached to a 6th grade finish. By high school I was playing club as well as at high school. The seasons in California meant we played year round. So club was in the fall, high school was in the winter, then club had spring season, consisting mostly of tournaments. Then in the summer I had both high school and club practices and games.
95 - fall
3. What songs were you obsessed with?(Backstreet Boys anyone?)
How did you know? Seriously, all you have to do is click on my music tag to see that I'm still Backstreet obsessed. I saw them in concert 4 times in high school, and would have gone a 5th time is that concert hadn't been canceled due to AJ being in rehab. The picture below is my BFF/MOH on the lawn on a Backstreet concert, I believe senior year of high school.
At the Backstreet Boys Concert
4. What fashion statement do you look back on and cringe?
Well I have no fashion sense now, so I definitely didn't have one as a teen. I remember one day in middle school putting on a pair of pants and my mom telling me they were probably too small and back in her day they would call them floods. Of course my mom had to be wrong and I told her no one used that phrase anymore. Of course come to find out middle school-er definitely still used it.

5. Who was your celeb crush?
Nick Carter, obviously. (See question 3!)

6. What were your favorite tv shows/movies?
I loved Part of Five. It was the first "grown-up type" show I remember watching starting in 4th grade or so. I watched every single season, and still remember being disappointed when in finally ended when I was in 10th grade. As for my favorite movies, they would have been The Little Princess and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers which are still some of my favorites.

If you haven't linked up with Sunday Social yet, you definitely need to so we can all share middle school pictures. And if you're stopping by here for the first time, be sure to say hi!

6 comments:

  1. Cute pictures. Being from another generation I liked Bobby Darin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great flashbacks! I was just reminiscing on the Backstreet Boys last week when 98ยบ was on the Today show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I'm still a fan of Backstreet Boys too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you may have not had fashion sense back in high school--I didn't either--but you were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about Party of Five! I loved that show too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, you were so adorable when you are younger (and still are beautiful of course). You clearly did not have an ugly duckling phase! I totally did!

    I love Party of Five, too. It was one of my favorite shows! I also loved Felicity.

    ReplyDelete