Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'm at Table Number e

Last week I was complaining to the boy about all the stuff I had left to do for the wedding. And as I started listing them off, he asked, "Do you want me to take care of writing the table number descriptions?" Of course I was more than happy for him to do so, and I love what he came up with. I was just planning on using wikipedia for most of these, but I love how the boy was able to come up with personal and easily understandable descriptions. Since I know you're curious know, here's some of my favorites.

אo - Aleph naught - The first letter of the Hebrew alphabet, א is used to represent the countable infinity. Imagine that you start counting
1,2,3,... , when would you stop? Well, never, but we do know how many
counting numbers there are... אo.

δ - delta - This greek letter has many uses in modern mathematics. It is most commonly used to represent the smallest positive number when observing an infinitesimal change. A use more relevant to the newlyweds is the distinction of the degree of a vertex in a graph.
DSC07286
And now that I had the descriptions ready I could make a final mock-up of our centerpieces. Just as a reminder, here's what it looks like during the last mock-up. You can see I've since that last post not only have I added the table numbers, but the blue rocks in with the candle.
DSC07291
From the Back
Since the mock-up I've boxed all of the wine bottles which have each been stuffed with flowers. I've started filling all the candle jars too but still have a few more to finish.
DSC07294
Under Candlelight
I am really happy with the way these turned out. I had some mild freak-outs along the way with the idea of diy-ing my centerpieces, but I think they wound up looking not half bad.

3 comments:

  1. They look great and I am awed by your organization.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look AWESOME! They will be such a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete