Monday, December 8, 2014

Tiny Wishes

Last week I posted my holiday wish list, so this week I thought it only made sense to post the baby's wish list. After all while they may not be here yet, they'll definitely be here for the holidays and they'll need to presents to open... or well, presents that someone else will open while they're asleep.


During one of my trips shopping for maternity clothes I was swayed to subscribe to Parents magazine for a few extra dollars. I love reading magazines, so it was well worth it to me. Anyways, their December issue had a list of the top toys, and while our baby may not be old enough for most of them, I thought this Skwish Stix is definitely something they could grow into. Plus it looks like a lot of fun.



One thing that I really want to make happen with the baby is cloth diapers. I've already built of a stash of 9 diapers, but I'd love to have at least 15 or so. My original plan was to have a stash of both bumGenius 4.0 and Flips since I've each is better in different situations, but so far I just have 4.0s (as well as one accidental bumGenius Elemental). At this point part of me thinks it may just be easier to stick with the 4.0s, but I'd still love to add either type to my collection.



On a similar note, I know eventually I'm going to need a diaper sprayer. I probably won't need one for several months or so, but I'd definitely love to stock up on one know just so I won't have to worry about it later.



I've posted before about how I recently went through all my children's books and added them to the baby's library. But surprisingly there's a few classics missing that well, I think are pretty mandatory. One of these would be Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.


The second, from a long list actually that I'll likely never complete, is Pat the Bunny by Dorothy Kunhardt. Although I wouldn't call the stuffed bunny a necessity.



I actually meant to buy our car seat/stroller adapter when I used the completion discount on our registry, but sadly it was out of stock at the time. Definitely something our baby is going to need especially for all those long walks I'll be taking... or I guess when we're out and out, since as much as I may have dreams of walking with the baby around the neighborhood I realize it's not necessarily likely to happen.



The baby doesn't actually have many pacifiers, which means I'm sure we'll be buying a ton in the months to come. But I can't get over how adorable the WubbaNub pacifiers are. Plus I've heard that the stuffed animal actually helps the baby keep hold of them.



While LSU may not have had the best season, they're still on their way to a bowl game, and sadly the baby has nothing to wear while watching it. Honestly, I don't really care what the baby will be wearing as long as it's LSU. And maybe the baby will be LSU's good luck charm for a win?

I do realize it's a little crazy to be writing out this list for a tiny human that may not even exist yet. But at least I had fun doing it. And I'm sure each year from here on out it's only going to get more fun and they express their own opinion on what they're really looking forward to receiving.

3 comments:

  1. It is not at all crazy to be writing out a list for a baby who isn't born yet. After all he/she is alive and kicking inside of you and will be "extra-wombal" (as my husband, Dave, termed it) not too very long from now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not crazy, you're just getting prepared! It'll be helpful because once the little one is here, you won't have time to think about it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I know by now that this list belongs to a beautiful baby girl. :) I hope she gets some of these items!!! Congrats again!!!!

    ReplyDelete