Tuesday, December 30, 2014

It's Christmastime Again

Last week I recapped our Hanukkah, so it only makes sense that I'm recapping Christmas this week, right? We actually had a fairly low-key Christmas Eve watching Love Actually. And by that I mean I fell asleep about 15 minutes into the movie and the boy watched Love Actually... but practically the same thing.
Our Christmas Eve tradition... Watching #LoveActually
Christmas morning we woke up to exchange a few presents. The boy bought my the diaper bag I wanted plus a new ipod, since my current one from college seems to be too old to work in my car. While Elley had a ton of Hanukkah presents, she did still wind up with a copy of A Cajun Night Before Christmas as well as a few hair bows in her stockings. We even managed to convince the boy to take a family photo next to the tree. (I'm wearing my new pajamas from Victoria's Secret I received as a Hanukkah present from my BBF here!)
Merry Christmas
From there we got dressed and ready before heading off to my SIL's house for more present opening.
So Excited
And boy were there presents,
Opening Presents
and presents,
Sleepy Present
and more presents to open.
Xmas Lunch
We had dinner then which included gumbo, stuffing, sweet potatoes, and salad. Plus peppermint creme brulee for dessert (more on this to come!).
Peppermint Creme Brulee
As for those presents, well we barely managed to bring them all home. Good thing my new car has a huge truck, especially since the backseat was full of presents... presents and a baby, as well.
All Packed Up
Since I'm sure you're curious as to what exactly filled our car here's a look at just Baby Elley's gifts.
Baby Elley's Presents
There's an exersaucer, a walker (although good luck finding it in this photo), a few toys, some books, a ton of clothes, and a few other random things. And since I'm not quite ready to concede that these holidays are no longer about me, here's a look at what I was lucky enough to receive over both Hanukkah and Christmas.
My Presents
Definitely several items from my wish list including my Le Cruset baker, kitchen towels, and my West Elm Hanukkah plates. Plus there were my scratch-offs which while not a huge year was still $7.
Scratch-Offs
All in all, a very merry 1st Christmas for Elley, as well as the rest of us, and a great way to bring an end to 2014.

8 comments:

  1. I love Love Actually, I love Elley wearing a bow, and I love creme brulee. Can't wait for that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, the creme brulee looks amazing! I am glad you got to finally have some sweets after abstaining while pregnant! Looks like you guys had a great first Christmas as a family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the holidays with a child! Julia got so many presents that I swear we could open a toy store in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of peppermint anything and the crème brulee looks great. My scratch-offs came to $2.00.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great first Christmas with the baby. Looks like she got a lot of great gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove Love Actually! It's my favorite movie :) So many gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you and your family had a special first Christmas with Elley! I love the picture of her with the bow on her head! It was so precious.

    Amy @ http://nystateofmind5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Love Actually! Its such a great movie. It looks like she got so much stuff for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete