Monday, December 30, 2013

MMRR in December

It's the end of the year! I'll have my full 2013 recap up tomorrow, but first here's a look back at December.

Meals
I feel like December was a little ordinary in the meals front, which seems a little unexpected with all the holidays. But the boy did make homemade gnocchi this month, which is always an awesome occasion.
Homemade Gnocchi & Bolognese
Moments
While it hasn't made the blog yet, but I promise eventually it will, we celebrated Christmas with my in-laws.
Christmas Presents
This is only about half of all the presents that were opened.

Reviews
In December, I posted reviews of 4 books and 4 favorites.
The Boleyn King by Laura Andersen
Triangles by Ellen Hopkins
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Frozen
Catching Fire
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
Saving Mr. Banks
My favorite of them all would have to be Frozen, although out of just the books it's probably The Boleyn King.

Remembering
Four years ago, in 2009, we took our then 2-years-old niece to the movies for the first time to see The Princess and the Frog.
Getting Read to the The Princess and the Frog
What are your meals, moments, reviews, and remembering from this past December?

4 comments:

  1. My favorite meal of December was probably the seafood meal we had on Christmas Eve. Or the Christmas Day meal as that was awesome as well. My best moment of December was being home with my family and spending quality time with my parents. My best book was The Little Way of Ruthie Leming. And I did A LOT of remembering this December. Last December was kind of this 'golden' time in my life as it was the last normal month before I found out about my move to Charlotte... I looked back at photos from Phil's Christmas party and thought about how fun our Christmas celebration was and got pretty bummed out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gnocci looks delish! What was your sauce?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a homemade bolognese my husband made. I'm not completely sure what was in it though, some type of sausage I think, as well as purred carrots and onions probably. And I'm sure tomatoes. All I really know is that I cam home from work, and it was there waiting for me! :)

      Delete
  3. I have The Boleyn King sitting on my nightstand right now, thanks to your recommendation. I'll let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete