Friday, December 27, 2013

Let's Get Evolved

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Published
: March 1, 2012
Series: Mara Dyer #2
I was so excited to read the first in this series, and yet while I enjoyed it, it did let me down. Unfortunately, with this second one I almost want to say it disappointed me. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed it, but not as much as the first.

There is just so much going on in this book, and at times I almost thought Mara really was crazy. While she didn't necessarily think she was, and there was evidence she wasn't, I couldn't help but wonder how reliable of a narrator she was. Things did finally come together at the end, but it was a long road to get there.

One aspect I loved about the first, the way Mara's family interacted and each member's personality, was almost absent from this. Don't get me wrong, they were still there, but they weren't nearly as big of an impact on the story as I would have liked.

Then of course the ending, which almost made everything else about this book work. There's so much that happens in the last few pages you find yourself rereading sections just to make sure you're not missing pieces. It's such a cliffhanger too that you feel the need to start reading the third book RIGHT NOW, except you can't because it's not out yet.

There's still a lot of positives about this series, and I'm glad I finally picked it up. But yet, I really hope the third book reaches its full potential, and makes it all really worth reading.

4/5

Don't forget to enter my 5 Year Blogoversary Giveaway while you're here!

Today I'm linking up with Blonde Undercover Blonde for Book Club Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment