Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mailbox Monday (57)

Mailbox Monday is a weekly link-up for bloggers to share the books they've picked up recently. Right now it tours to a new host each month, and for December we're linking up at Rose City Reader. As you may or may not know, we're in the middle of deciding the plan for Mailbox Monday for next year. My suggestion was to run it similar to several other link-ups (Follow Friday being one, hosted by Allison Can Read and Parajunkee) where it's co-hosted by the official Mailbox Monday blog and a rotating host. That way you could choose to link-up at either site and find the exact same link of blogs waiting for you. As for my weekly books...
Mailbox Monday
Gifted
The A.O.C. Cookbook by Suzanne Goin with wine notes by Caroline Styne
This was a Hanukkah gift from my dad and was signed by both of the authors. Suzanne Goin is a chef my parents have been a huge fan of for several years, and while I don't believe I've eaten at any of her restaurants I know I've eaten at her husband's. The food insides look delicious and some of the recipes I'm dying to try are Duck Sausage with Candied Kumquats, Peach and Arugula Salad with Burrata, Cumin, and Toasted Almonds, or Grilled Fig Lead Panna Cotta with Figs and Melon Sorbet.

From Goodreads
Stained by Elizabeth Marx
This is an NA book about a girl from rural Alabama. I haven't read much NA books, but so far have enjoyed the ones I've read, and am excited to read more. Plus as I started writing this post realized the author included some bookmarks and postcards as well.

For Review from TLC Book Tours
The Wedding Bees by Sarah-Kate Lynch
This is another book about a Southern girl, exact in this she moves to New York City. From the cover and description I think it looks adorable. Plus the fact I was obsessed with WeddingBee when planning our wedding may have been one reason I was so eager to read this.

What did you find in your mailbox this week?

10 comments:

  1. I'm going to add Wedding Bees to my list but will wait to buy it until I see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading "The Supreme Macaroni Company" by Adriana Trigiani, which I am reviewing next week! The cover of the book The Wedding Bees definitely caught my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stained sounds intriguing, and The Wedding Bees looks cute too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked he beginning of The Wedding Bees and looking forward to reading it over the holidays.

    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, the fact that Stained is set in rural Alabama piques my interest. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Wedding Bees does look sweet.

    ENJOY all your books.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Wedding Bees caught my eye.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/12/mailbox-monday_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like new cookbooks. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete